What are content warnings?
Content warnings, as used on cable television, are used to warn for potentially upsetting or inappropriate content to follow. Content warnings mean you can still use these elements in the plot while allowing people to make informed decisions about what they read, and are not a moral judgement on you or your content.
The following content triggers one or more people on our board, so please be extra diligent about making sure they are warned for both in posts and other aspects (like the cbox) of our site:
- Narcotics (prescribed downers / painkillers)
- If you have a trigger you would like added to this list please PM this account.
Common (Sense) Triggers
Though content that needs to be warned for can mostly be understood via common sense the following are examples of common triggers to warn for:
- General Verbal Abuse, Misgendering, Slurs, Eating Disorders, Homophobia, Transphobia, Manifestations of OCD, Depictions of drug use, References to drugs, Addiction, Death
- Sexual Mature Content, Non-con / Rape, Dubious Consent, Statutory Rape, Incest
- Violent Graphic Violence, Self-harm, Suicide / Suicidal ideation, Murder, Violent Death, Hate Crimes, Domestic Violence, Torture, Animal Abuse, Gratuitous Blood, Fascism / Naxi ideology